Wednesday, October 12, 2005


I am a father of a set of twins, a boy and girl, Emily, and Tyler. They are 14 months old. The Tyler has achondroplasia, but is doing really good! He just started walking last month, which is very early for achondroplasia babies. His sister Emily started walking at 7 months. Tyler has always tried to keep up with his sister who does not have achondroplasia. Neither my wife or I have achondroplasia, and it does not run in our family. I love my kids equally, and treat them the same. It's hard some times knowing that Tyler has achondroplasia. I wonder how he will do when he gets older. I am 49 years old. They say men over 40 have a greater chance of having children with achondroplasia. I know this condition is rare, only one in every 25,000 infants are born with achondroplasia. So there won't be too many people looking for information or web pages about achondroplasia, still I wanted to share my story and provide some basic facts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google